Chiara Cardelli

Science Communication and Community Management

Main focus

I employ my scientific and organisational skills to empower people through projects in community-based research and innovation, citizen science, science for sustainable development, international cooperation, extracurricular education and science communication. I am particularly interested in patient and public involvement in research, climate change and environmental protection, renewable energy, water quality and water sanitation, alternative education and gender issues in STEM.

Short biography

After receiving my PhD in Physics at the University of Vienna in 2018, I worked as the science communicator and event manager of the research institute IQOQI-Vienna (Austrian Academy of Sciences), focusing on quantum physics. I also worked in science education and communication projects in the non-profit environment, where I got passionate about the role of Citizen Science and Open Science practices for sustainable development. In my free time, I am currently involved in the development of a citizen science project for water quality monitoring in Palestine.

Languages

Italienisch, English, Deutsch

City

Wien

Country

Wien

I offer

Different (free) tools and support offered by the LBG OIS Centre to engage other stakeholders (patients, citizens, civil society...) in research processes and to plan for the societal impact of research. Possible cooperation in Citizen Science projects.

• I agree to travel for events
  • I agree to speak free of charge for charitable purposes

Tags

• Change Management
  • Citizen Science
  • Co-Creation
  • Diversity
  • Open Access
  • Open Innovation
  • Open Practices
  • Open Science
  • Public Engagement