Bernd Riedel

Executive Creative Director at Ellery Studio, Berlin

Main focus

Bernd Riedel drives transformation at the intersection of innovation, knowledge and design. It will be his pleasure to introduce you to the exciting world of infographics, science communication and speculative design in the fields of innovation, sustainability, climate protection, renewable energy, clean mobility, equality and social justice.

Short biography

Bernd Riedel is a designer, entrepreneur and publicist. He worked as an infographic artist and strategist in Munich, Berlin and New York. Since 2015, he is co-founder and Executive Creative Director at Ellery Studio, a Berlin-based creative consultancy. He published several award-winning books like "The Infographic Energy Transition Coloring Book", "Future Ahoy! - An Infographic Novel on Sustainable Transport" and "Strom, Netz, Fluss", and was managing editor at INGRAPHICS Magazine. Bernd Riedel holds a M.F.A. in Transdisciplinary Design from Parsons School of Design in New York. He is a Parsons Dean's Scholar, a Fulbright Alumnus and was a Research Fellow at the Center for Data Arts in New York. He advocates for Trans-Atlantic educational exchanges and co-founded Speculative Futures Berlin, an event series promoting Speculative Design and Futures Thinking. Since 2017, Bernd Riedel has been teaching Strategic Information Design and Speculative Design at the design akademie berlin, SRH Hochschule für Kommunikation und Design.

Languages

Deutsch, Englisch

City

Berlin

Country

Deutschland

I offer

Infographics, creative science communication, participatory design, workshop facilitation

• I agree to travel for events
  • I agree to speak free of charge for charitable purposes

Tags

• Change Management
  • Citizen Science
  • Co-Creation
  • Participation
  • Public Engagement
  • Story Telling
  • Science Communication